Friday, January 14, 2011

WritersCafe.org

Disclaimer: These are just my views and opinions of said site. The following information should not be read and understood as a 'how to' or 'guide' for said site. Also, note the website is a online writing community.

WritersCafe.org

This website is actually one of the better sites I have come across. I say that lightly only because half the drama that goes on over there misses me by miles! Which I am thankful for in so many ways. I honestly do really like this site and the features it offers.

A few good things to mention about it:

1.] The ability to post more than poetry and/or Books. It has different ways you can publish your creative works.
2.] The editor for your writing allows many different ways to display your text. More than just your basic commands of bold, italics, center, etc.
3.] The ability to host contests. Another good way of getting yourself known and to read some interesting stuff!
4.] The ability to create groups. This is a nifty one and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many you can create. I have one on there, but it doesn't get much attention. Oh well.

A few bad things to mention about it:

1.] Lack of admins. The owners of this site seem to have WC in the dust. I don't think anything has been updated about that site in years.
2.] Lack of mods. There have been a lot of harassment cases and many other things the could be taken to court over, but the lack of mods allow users to... run wild. To put it lightly.


Over all... the site is a good one. If you don't mind working a bit to get noticed on there. I have been there for a few years now and I am barely beginning to get noticed. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment